Thursday, December 09, 2010

Morning Pages

I am the frustrated artist.
I am the one who wants desperately to try my hand at painting and have yet to do so.
Even though paints and brushes have fallen into my lap, which was truly the law of attraction in motion,
I have yet to do anything but keep them safe.
I am not sure what stops me.
I am reading a book, a gift from a friend,titled The Artists Way that talks about the fears of those who just don't go ahead and express themselves through art.
Fears of many kinds.
You would hope that a person of my age, older than Jackson Browne, would by now, have conquered all those types of things.
Another part of the reason that I haven't gone forward with it, is money.
So what I need to do is, go ahead and receive the money I need, to do whatever it is I need to do, because if I am meant to do it, than it is already done.
Since Morning Pages are suggested for artists wanna bes and frustrated types such as myself, I thought I would just take it out there. Instead of pencil and paper, I'll use this medium.
My blog. My keyboard.
I'm sitting here with my coffee and homemade bread -- my mother-in-law who lives next door - makes the most wonderful-from-scratch bread. The recipe will always be her secret because she doesn't measure, she just puts the ingredients in.
That is art. That is truly, truly art.
I'm going to refill my coffee cup. I'm going to go ahead about my day. I'm going to see what comes. There are things to do, and there are always things that come. I'll stay open.
I wish everyone a blessed and peaceful day.

No comments: