Monday, December 27, 2010

I ~heart~ Jon Stewart

I am a fan of the Daily Show, and a fan of Jon Stewart. And I don't think that's a bad thing.

I love the quirky way the show has of informing us. It's always had a magic charm with me, and no, I'm not afraid of the word 'magic'.

I was moved when Jon Stewart dedicated his December 16, 2010 show to the 9/11 First Responders.

I'm hoping that our country can display a little more of this kind of compassion towards each other.

Tough and funny and a little bit kind: that is as near to perfection as a human being can be.
~Mignon McLaughlin

Practical life teaches us that people may differ and that both may be wrong: it also teaches us that people may differ and both be right. Anchor yourself fast in the latter faith, or the former will sweep your heart away. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827

No comments: