Monday, April 12, 2010

So true, so true ... to me.


Daily Decisions ~

What I am experiencing at this moment is the result of choices and decisions made in the past; what I will experience in the future depends on choices and decisions I make now. Happiness is a daily decision.

from the site of Thought for Today
...

Yes, you got up this morning, got out of bed ~ it was you that was making a decision before your feet hit the floor ~ good day, bad day ~ ummmm ~

Would you take a little advice from one who is Older Than Jackson Browne? Choose Wisely. Choose a Good Day. Choose to be Happy in this Day.

I believe in God. And, every morning, before I get out of bed, I thank God. For whatever it was he did for me the day before. There are many things, of course, that I probably don't even know about, but I know he was there and did something to keep me safe and now able to wake, this one more day.

One of the things my God helps me do is find things ~ seriously. There is nothing spooky about this at all.

I learned through studying science that everything that goes on around us is in our brain. It's all recorded somewhere. All persons record all things going on around them in their brain. Whether you are a spiritual person, or not, your brain is still a functioning organ that records all you see and hear.

It doesn't, however, put everything in a spot right in the front, the way I file things on my desk. You know, that big pile I have where I put it all right where I can see it. No, your brain delivers it to different places where it thinks it should. And, that connection is a personal one between you and your brain. Every one's brain works a different way, okay, maybe that was more a personal thought than a scientific one, but still, very close to truth.

So, when I misplace something, anything, I ask God to please help me find that thing, to please help me set my eyes on it. I give God as much information as I can about it, what it looks like, what I need it for and when ~~ and I am here to tell you ~ I always find whatever it is ... Always.

Because God knows what is going on in my brain. He can clearly see where I put that object, and apparently, God does not mind stopping his busy day to help me find this missing thing, and I appreciate that so much.

Just as an aside thought - I believe that God is here for us, personally, to help. I do not believe that God is here to smite my neighbor for not believing what I believe, for being different than me, for being just what God made him to be.

Oh, and one more thing ~ I believe my God can help me find my way back to happiness, every time, if that should be my choice. Everyday I make one. Everyday I choose. I want the happiness, so I choose that. Thank you, God.


The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too. ~Teresa of Avila

God's will is not an itinerary, but an attitude. ~Andrew Dhuse


Have a nice day~!

No comments: