Yes, they are. My first born son and his lovely lady, who is now my wonderful daughter in law, were married yesterday. The wedding was simply done but just so elegant as simple always proves to be. It was an outside ceremony by the water.
But, I have to say ~ I am glad that is DONE ... and I mean that in a good way.
Everyone who has gone through a wedding knows there is always some crazy stuff going on behind the scenes. Life can't happen without the backstage commotion.
The guys and girls in the wedding party went out on St. Patrick's day. That was interesting. I stayed home with my granddaughter, but did not escape hearing the stories that came back.
I know there are some people out there who would be none to excited about hearing that their two sons came in second in the beer pong contest. But, it is not their normal activity, so I was not to freaked out, and since I have decided to live my life without regrets, I have moved on.
But, they all came back laughing and telling stories of how my boys are Irish, and since it was St. Paddy's day, the crowd was egging them on. And, I also know, they won't be doing that again for a long, long while! Their private lessons told them so.
Both my daughter in law and son had a great group of people as their attendants. The attendants were family and friends. Good friends, really good friends, and family is always precious. All brothers and sisters were in the wedding party. My son's best man was his best friend since 8th grade. I really enjoyed these 10 young people. They were all funny, kind, smart and witty and just so friendly.
And, different from each other! My son's two closest friends were telling me how different they are from my son. His friends are both Republicans and my son is a Democrat. They have different strategies and ideas for business and dealing with money investments and sports teams and some other such things I can't remember. But, they get along so great! One would never guess they hold such difference of opinions. It certainly can give one such hope for the world, you know?
I'll have to write up more details later as I remember them. My mind is still crawling back to find me. It's been in hiding for about a week.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Weddings are always exciting, but lots of work. I look forward to the day my girls get married. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you for visiting my blog! ~ I did post a link of some photos (both professional and then some of mine which were terrible!)
Post a Comment