Friday, March 05, 2010

Movement speaking out against the Pearls

A terrible thing has happened. It's an incident that will be very disturbing to your soul. The story headline reads Paradise parents face murder, torture charges.

A Paradise couple Tuesday were charged with the murder of their 7-year-old adopted daughter during a discipline session at the family home last Friday and the "torture" the previous day of her 11-year-old sister, ....

Finding this out, reading this, just breaks your heart. In the name of discipline a child is killed? How outrageous is that? How cruel is that?

Because of a connection to the philosophy of Michael and Debi Pearl and their "chastisement" theories, there has been a lot of blog activity speaking out against the Pearls and a call for book dealers to stop carrying their material.

Because my head is still all over the place with the thoughts of this horrible, cruel, evil injustice done to this little child, Lydia Schartz, I am going to link others who are speaking out much more clearly than I.

I wish to pass that information on. I am siding with those who wish to speak out against Michael and Debi Pearl. I'm choosing this blog Quiet Garden to link as she is showing a list of other bloggers who are speaking out.

Rebecca's Ramblings has read the Pearl's material and is writing about it on her blog. Tulip Girl has also been following the Pearl's misguided ideas for a long time.

Tulip Girl featured a link to this blog, which tells of this mom's experience with the teachings of the Pearls. Her link here also list others who are speaking out.

In the good and humble opinion of this blogger, any child rearing idea that thinks babies should be spanked needs to be totally disregarded as hogwash. Any child rearing idea that says one should carry a spanking tool around their neck and place one in each room, IMGAHO, should be totally disregarded as hogwash. Now, who, on God's green earth, could not agree with that? I am perplexed to think there would be anyone.

No comments: