Star date ~
a Monday AM on the planet earth,
where many people abide and try to survive. Some are waking up as I am, some are laying their heads down to sleep...
somewhere in the world today, a child will go without something he needs. Lord my prayer is that someone will fill that need for them. Someone will hug them and listen and be there to make things right.
The sun shines through my windows and even though there are streaks, I can see the beauty of the sun and the sky through the panes. I can see the light and the love. I don't even really have to strain my eyes to see it. It's there.
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross ...
Sometimes it's buried so deep in hurt and neglect and unloving situations that someone does not see it right away. I pray that the light and the love in each of us will be found by another before it's too late to enjoy it and feel it and experience it, while we are here for now in this realm.
In this place where I live, I have so many reasons to look forward. I am rich in those things that money can't buy. I have love. I have love to receive from my family, and I have love to give them. It overflows from my heart and my homestead. I mark it on my door that those that enter this house will be loved and cared for and offered more than they need. I will give as much love as God allows me to give, and I am finding him to be a source that is unending.
Through my life, I have felt pain, I have been physically and emotionally hurt by others but one day, I discovered that without love, one has nothing. I discovered that love is a never ending stream of consciousness with powers and properties to heal, and if one allows the beauty of love to flow through and shine out like light ~ one can change the world for the better without so much more strain than a smile and a helping hand.
It may not look to be changed in the minute ~ but love is timeless and active in time. Think of love as light.
Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished. ~Michael Strassfeld ...
You never see it travel, but you know it does. You never see how fast it moves, but you know it does. Love and light travel together through all the broken parts of us, through all the hearts that are born ...
"Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
~~Leonard Cohen ...
Ahhh, the morning ~
rich in great thoughts.
Monday, March 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment