Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Wedding ~ (Not so great photos)


The above photo is my granddaughter having a good time at the reception.


This is a behind the scenes shot of the people taking pictures aside from the photographer which if you look closely, you might be able to find the fellow in there.

This was his first wedding. He is an accomplished photographer of other things, and I can't remember what they are right now, but the kids had found his ad which said he was looking for wedding experience to add to his resume, so if anyone would like their wedding shot for free - please call him. And since the budget was tight, that sounded like they might give it a try.

This next one is of my #2 son and my only daughter ~


... walking down the aisle together. She was actually freezing. This might be one of the few shots in which you can't tell. As you can see, the guys were casual as well. They were instructed to wear their shirts out and sandals. The girls also wore sandals.

And now the bride ~


Okay, well, someone had to dress up ~ this is a shot of my new daughter in law right after my son answered, "I do."

Behind her is the photographer.


If you look closely at the bride -- well, you might have to click on the photo -- you will see that she has a tear in her eye. She really does love my son.

The wedding was simple and elegant, as I had mentioned before, featuring a sky that was clear with just the perfect amount of white streaks from the brush strokes of clouds. The breezes from the inter-coastal waters were cooler than we expected, but the day was just so beautiful no one will remember that it was windy and they were freezing.

My photos were not so great. I didn't have anything on the right settings. I really don't even know why I tried to take photos.

But at least you can see the lovely sunshine yellow dresses with the navy blue sashes. The bride looked like icing on a wedding cake. Just beautiful.






No comments: