Wednesday, June 03, 2009

White Chili with Green Salsa

Just wanted to warn you guys, as some find recipes boring and not worth the click. I, like I said in another entry, LOVE green salsa and anything I can find that I can make with it -- is like --
WOO HOOO!!

I found this in a magazine, and even though I messed it up by not reading small print, we loved it!! 5 people give it a 5 star, or 20, or maybe it's just because it's free food to them - I don't know, but it was good!


WHITE CHILI with GREEN SALSA
(Chicken Chili Verde)

1 pound of chicken
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp minced garlic (I used 2 TBS as I read it wrong, but turned out great!)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1 cup bottled green salsa (Yeah, baby!!)
2 cans Great Northern Beans rinsed (Forgot to rinse them, turned out great!)
1 can (14.5) Chicken Broth (I never use chicken broth, only vegetable, and I used
16 ounces and it turned out great!)

Saute your onion and garlic in the oil. Add chicken to cook (I used part left over chicken), but heat 5 mins while breaking up your chicken.

Add all the other seasonings and stuff EXCEPT the beans, bring to a simmer. Cover, cook 5 minutes until you feel things are tender enough for you ...

Stir in the beans (Like I said, I put in the whole can by mistake, as another recipe I have calls for the whole can.)

Heat through and Voile~! Excellent food choice!!

Serve with garlic bread, maybe, and for Mr. B, I made some rice pilaf, because he is afraid of White Beans. (I don't know, read to much Alice and Wonderland? He has a fear of any foods that are White that is not a meat).

But, seriously, this is good!

No comments: