Both these photos were taken in May at my mom's 80th birthday celebration. Sean is just the greatest person. He really has a very kind and loving heart. He's a great brother, a terrific son, a trustworthy boyfriend, and he is being and does enjoy being an Uncle!
#2 son had his tonsillectomy today, and the doctor went ahead and removed his adenoids as later it would not be covered by insurance ~ because of the pre-existing condition clause I did not know was in there....
The surgery went well enough except that we found out Sean is a 'bleeder' ... This is something I was unaware of. The doctor didn't say, 'he hit a bleeder' and 'made a bleeder' or 'had a bleeder' ... he said, 'we didn't know he was a bleeder...' ...
So, there I am stunned, and now I have to find out more about that and what that means.
Because of that situation and how they had to treat the wound, he feels worse than was expected, even though, pretty badly was expected ...
We have all we need, and I am thankful to his sweet girlfriend who sent a huge package today with all these things he could eat, and that helped me not having to go to the store, and I was happy about that, because we arrived home just as a thunderstorm was hitting.
The lightening and black clouds were in front of us, and the sky was about to break, but didn't pour open until we were safely in the door. I'll take that as a sign from God that all will go well for Sean and his healing. He is now walking around, so I feel better about that.
When I first saw him in the post-op, the tears started to form and fall. He was the little guy to me who had had surgery when he was 14 months old and again at 16 months old. My heart, my heart just goes right back to that place that is 'mommy always'; I feel like I could cry right now.
When he had those surgeries, he rode home from the hospital both times on my lap, and he didn't leave my lap for close to 24 hours. He was facing me hugging me and he was staying that way.
My legs were begging me to stretch them. I remember being able to hand him over to his dad only when he was deeply asleep, but we had to make sure he didn't lose body contact in the exchange. Those were both long days, but I would do it again in a heart beat, should it be required of me.
The love I feel for my children is just the most moving flow of feeling ~ I don't have words to express it at this time, but it is something that doesn't stay still at one place inside you. It can swell up and spill over the top of you.
I enjoy that feeling way, way, way too much to ever want to let that go; I feel blessed that I got my chance to have children so that I could experience that love like no other; that love in which your heart lives outside of your body...
No comments:
Post a Comment