I salute my husband for being such a good dad. He tries, everyday, to improve upon his skills in fathering. He knows that he has not learned all there is to know about being a parent. He listens to me when I counsel (be nosey) and give him advice (tell him what to do).
We love him very, very much.
Here is a poem I found in the newspaper today. It is in Dear Abby's column. It made me think of him.
I Had a Father Who Talked With Me
~~Hilda Bigelow
I had a father who talked with me.
Allowed me the right to disagree, To question - and always answered me, As well as he could - and truthfully.
He talked of adventures; horrors of war;
Of life, its meaning; what love was for;
How each would always need to strive
To improve the world to keep it alive.
Stressed the duty we owe one another
To be aware each man is a brother.
Words for laughter he also spoke, A silly song or happy joke.
Time runs along, some say I'm wise, That I look at life with seeing eyes.
My heart is happy, my mind is free, I had a father who talked with me.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment