Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a scorching week




I am now a firm believer that the weather can effect The Human Bean and his emotions. It has been scorching hot this week, and the amount of emotional turmoil going on here is and has been reaching it's boiling point. Amazing. Crazy and amazing, but storms here have been brewing, and then blown painfully through the realms of ones' senses.

I think I have weathered my storm because I choose to. (I have no idea right now if that is the right "to" at the end of that sentence, but 'oh well'...)

When one is confronted with the dissatisfaction of others in things, regardless of the fact that it might be you with which they are dissatisfied , the collective you, or other things around them, you can choose to not take that ship into their harbour. If you should decide to set your feet firmly on that ship, you may find yourself shipwrecked on an island on which you don't belong, and in a world that doesn't belong to you; one that you don't recognize.

Stand as far back as you can from the storm, take the torrents of the blows, answer as best and as honestly as you can, and then, let the storm pass. And, it will pass. All things will pass. As George Harrison wrote, "all things must pass away..."

This choice can be very hard to make, especially if the dissatisfaction the person/s are stating is with you ~ the you they know or think you to be, because if they knew you, the you whom you are really ~ it is doubtful they would be upset because they would be looking past the surface that passes as you and see that you really mean no harm.

All animals react when they feel smothered, pinned down or caged. It's just nature.

Take on this day, as a word of advice for yourself, to make sure you have some treasures in your heart. You will need them when you are hurt and feel sad. I love the treasures in my heart ~

so much love for my family and friends and for the God I know and love, so many good memories that out weigh any bad memories. I am happy. Truly, madly, deeply to the depths of my soul, I am happy.

My hope would be that everyone else is, also. (I avoided using a "too" ~ how clever of me. haha)

No comments: