Sean is heading up to Tallahassee this week to visit old friends up there. He lived there all his life - wow, see I've never had that experience - as in 'born somewhere and then lived there until I went away to college.'
I'm an 'army brat' with the Air Force thrown in, too. My dad served in both branches. And we moved from the time I was in first grade, every other year until I was 17. I changed schools 13 times. Talking about always being the new kid on the block! It was a way of life for me. Sometimes I wonder why I always feel like an outsider, why I never want to bother to reveal all the things about myself to anyone, and that is probably at the root of it. Because I feel like I will be leaving and never see my newly made friends again.
Some people do make an effort to keep in touch. But on a whole, it's rare when it does work. Even good friends have a difficult time keeping in touch.
I miss my friends. I love my friends. I find myself thinking about them more than I actually try to contact them. Once you love someone, they really are a part of your life. They are tangled in your heart like vines. The root goes deeply and disappears into a place that no MRI could pick up because it becomes a part of you. Love is like that. Grasping, keeping, growing ...if you never see your old friends again, that love, I believe does indeed grow and your next friendship is better because you have experienced the first one.
Life is just an amazing thing when you think about it. And Love, who can explain love? Just live it ~ make your life about living love.
To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
~~Emily Dickinson
Come out of the circle of time
And into the circle of love.
~~Rumi
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.~~Corinthians 13, V 7,8,
No comments:
Post a Comment