Sunday, April 15, 2007

Okay ...so what now?

1. I have the day off tomorrow. Hahahaha. What mom has a day off? I do have a dentist appointment.

2. I need to make a list of things I have to do for the next 100 years.

3. My father/in/law is 90. That is a tough job. He just went through 2 1/2 weeks of chaos in his life. Three times to the emergency, twice in the hospital, two emergency doctor appointments, two regular doctor appointments, one trip to a place that is in between the hospital and going home -- oh and people I need to give you details on this place, it is like a holding area and if you don't have your family, you are in big trouble, there are no showers in this place! - then a procedure for the prostrate (men: take your saw palmetto), and home with a nurse to visit every day, and ton of drugs in his system. Drugs, drugs, drugs. It's hard out there for a 90 year old. I mean, people, you gotta prepare ...

4. I have got to start a serious excercise plan. My leg is still numb, but I don't think it's going to go away.

5. The beach. Go to the beach. I love the beach. Very healing. Day, night, afternoon - anytime. It's a great place to calm your mind and get refreshed. I love to go there and just be there.

6. Do you think you can learn something from every situation? I do. Everything that happens in your life, happens as an opportunity for your spiritual growth. You can believe that or not believe that. But lessons about ourselves and life to come are there for us everyday in what we see around us.

7. How are your surroundings? Calm? Chaotic? Spring cleaning going on? I am such a supporter of Spring Cleaning ~ it's taken me a long time to realize the truth of less is more -- but, really, the purging is good. I always feel better when I can give something to someone instead of just throw it in the garbage. And what happens, as our society is so fickle, is that things go out of style, out of fashion -- and if we are regular in our cleaning and purging of items, they are put to better use than just going to the garbage.

8. Of course, better than purging your house, is not buying more stuff than you need in the first place!!

9. You will get old. Will you be happy with what you have accomplished?

10. Make a list of what you want to accomplish before you are old.

No comments: