Thursday, January 04, 2007

In Making the Year Better - Make more Space

Today I threw out more stuff...

Throw out 7 things every day that you don't use -- anything you see no matter how small. Or if you are afraid to throw them out - put them some place in a box, and leave them there out of the way,

and if you haven't reached for anything in this box in a month, throw it away or take it to goodwill or someplace like that.

If you can't do 7 things, do three. Three is a quick fast number. A real winner.

Today, I am trying to follow some of my good advice in my very long last post:

I wrote a letter to my niece in prison and sent her songs lyrics and a poem. And I told her the wonderful things about her I know. And I told her about what she looks upon as mistakes, big bad and ugly mistakes, are turning into something beautiful out here in the free world.

We must not believe the many, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say that only the educated are free.

Discourses --Epictetus

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven
- for she loved much.
But he who has been forgiven little loves little.
- The Holy Bible - Luke 7:47

No comments: