Tuesday, January 09, 2007

How Well Do You Know Your Calories?

How Well Do You Know Your Calories?

(This is from an article in the Schripps Treasurecoast newspaper transported from another article in the Sacramento Bees)

  1. True or False? Light whipping cream has less fat than cream in aerosol cans? (I don’t care. I don’t use light whipping cream or buy cream in aerosol cans. My kids always put it on everything, and it was gone in a day. Not very cost efficient).
  2. True or False? Light coffee cream has fewer calories than half and half? (I don’t care. Light coffee cream tastes like diluted dishwater. I’ll die sooner for the 2/3 seconds more of a calorie.

  1. True or False? Cup for cup, a soy beverage is higher in protein and riboflavin than cows’ milk? (I don’t care. I don’t drink cow milk, and I don’t drink soy beverages. I drink water, tea, and red wine.)

  1. True or False? Cottage cheese has more calcium than other cheese? (I don’t care. I don’t buy cottage cheese. I do use other cheese because I like it in things, I just like cheese, and so I don’t worry about cheese. I worry about liking things like cheese, though.)

  1. True or False? Frosted cake has fewer carbohydrates than angel food cake. (Trick question. But I don’t like angel food cake. It’s not really cake. It’s stuff that reminds me of diets, and not having fun at a party. I like the frosting on the frosted cakes. I don’t even really like the cake. I like a plate of frosting. Homemade.)

  1. True or False? A rum ball has more calories than a piece of divinity. (I don’t care. I love rum balls. I hate divinity. What is divinity? They should make divinity with rum.)

  1. True or False? A peanut butter cookie has more calories than a chocolate chip cookie. (I don’t care. I would never choose a peanut butter cookie over a chocolate chip cookie. Ever. That’s almost cruel to think about!)

Okay, now if one should care – these are all False.

No comments: