Sunday, November 26, 2006

Today and last week

I count myselt in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends.
--William Shakespeare

I've been away from posting too long. It's gets out of reach very quickly. Now, I come on and see that something is ready to switch me over to New Blogger? With new things? How am I ever going to learn it, or catch up, or anything? ~ Well, I don't want to be a whinger, so, I'll plug on ...

It's Sunday night. Our company has gone. My sister and family were here for four days.

For Thanksgiving, 22 people got together to eat at my son's house. That's a lot of people.

We had the standard fare of too much food - Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato pie, stuffing, gravy, green beans, carrots, asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach quiche, peas, rolls, chocolate cake, cherry cheese cake, apple pie, and I think that's all, oh no, cranberries cooked from scratch that were just so good and pretty, and the canned stuff also.

We ate for two days. Had a birthday party. I went with my sister, mom and great nephew to the jail to see my niece, which was a very nice visit, even though it is a two hour drive, and it’s takes forever to actually get checked in, and today I was just exhausted.

I watched again Pride and Prejudice, the A & E version, and watched the new version, which Mr. B says is a total waste of time. He panned it so badly, the new version that is, that my sister wouldn't watch it and went home with my A & E version! I never imagined Mr. B would become such a fan!

Tomorrow I'm going to return to my healthy diet that I came home with when I went to visit Tim's Mom! You see, I am one of the statistics for getting e-coli from the spinach that was recalled, and I was on my second antibiotic and had a horrible reaction to it while I was visiting.

I was put on a good diet by Leslie and feed only green smoothies, fresh vegetable juice, very big salads, (although I pinched a little homemade bread and muffins) along with some radical new tea, which at first, I thought she was crazy to suggest, but turns out I love it ~ and I felt so much better! So, in the end, I had a wonderful visit! It was like going to a personal retreat.

It's good to have a friend get you back on track. I shall be forever grateful.

Then I got home, and faced Thanksgiving, knew I would fall the wayside with my diet, and so I did with the best intentions to get back straight tomorrow. There is no more cheesecake in the house so that's fine and good.

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the 
fourth Thursday of November when no one diets.
I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving
  --Erma Bombeck

I’ll be great until Christmas and probably do a back flip again. But hopefully, I’ll be a little more ahead of the game.

Nobody can go back to the beginning and make things perfect again, but we can always start over!

At least this isn’t on my new eating plan –


Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

--William Shakespeare Witches in Macbeth 

No comments: