I had my last session of physical therapy because that's all my insurance would cover for me. I probably could use more, but oh well ...
The therapist really recommended the ball as the best work out tool for Core Strength training. She has been using this only, she says.
I found a couple of sites for the exercises - one gives what they call a slide show, and the other shows some photos.
I will be trying these as I already have a ball. What I didn't have ~ so I thought ~ was the time to take care of myself. So basically what I have done, is spent on hospitals, doctors and pills, the same amount of money I could have spent on a two year membership at the gym for my whole family. And. Probably could have thrown a personal trainer in there, also.
So, if I was allowed to give anyone who wants to listen some advice today it would be this:
The strength of your body is more important than you would ever think it is. You have to do something to keep yourself fit. You don't have to be really buff or married to a gym; but you need to take all this stuff seriously.
All the wrong things you have done to your body over the years, regarding bad posture (and who has perfect posture while carrying all those babies? whether in your arms or into the world?), exercise neglect, sitting wrong, straining your shoulders for reading or washing dishes, or baking, or whatever pulls us forward,
and stress~! Dealing with stress can also do damage.
Stop right now and look at your schedule. Can you fit at least 20 minutes in a day to work on Core Strengthing? Can you fit another 15 minutes a day in for weight bearing exercise? (If you are like me, you are thinking .....ummmm, I could lift weights while I, uh, do this 'other thing'!)
I do regret that I put myself in this situation and neglected my body the way I did. I knew I had something wrong with my spinal column for 20 years. I took care of it until I got involved in this moving project, and then I took advantage of it by totally neglecting it and thinking everything would hold together for just a little while longer. Reflecting back now, it was not worth the price.
What's it worth to you to take the chance that you could end up in my situation?
Please find a way to fully take care of yourself. I'm sure a lot of people depend on you.
~~Miss Roxie
PS ~~ Madam Blueberry is walking almost everyday, but she has tapered off her exercise so I made it a part of her school assignment. She has to exercise for at least 20 mintues everyday. This is apart from her walking. We don't consider school finished until the an exercise is done.
When we get the finances straightened out, we will join the gym again. Unless we manage to get in shape first! I am looking at this wall behind me and thinking ....ummmm, I wonder if a bar would work there!
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment