Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just filling in the gap

This blog has temporarily been neglected. Not out of anything but time ~

I've been away. Before I left I had trip preparation and then returning, have to address the Thanksgiving weekend, which is 4 miles long.

I lost my shopping list. So I was hopeless to remember what my part was supposed to be. But you know what? I haven't been to one Thanksgiving dinner that I was not privileged to find very much to feast upon. So I'm not really worried about it.

I had two doctor appointments waiting for me, the grocery store, my little nephew, #2 sons laundry (Okay, I volunteered for that one) and just the general catching up that goes with life when you leave the ones you love.

So my solution? ~~ I declared this week a week off from school! I'm a genius.

I shall be back to post about my new discoveries and my week at my retreat!!

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. ~

Similarities create friendship's while differences hold them together. ~

~~both quotes from the famous unknown writer. Whom I really think is just ourselves

Brief flight notes:

First flight to connection was delayed. I made it to my gate, however, in time to find out my gate was changed. Ran over to that gate and was told the flight was conmencing to board but I made it on time. We boarded the plane and sat for about 45 minutes. Very warm in a small plane like that.

On the way home, my carry on was searched. I had a water bottle. Not allowed. And I thought I knew the rules!

My bags left together but did not arrive together at my final destination. I knew, just instinctively knew, that someone had taken my larger bag because my smaller bag was there, and there, on the carriage go 'round was a bag very similar to mine.

Even though I had put colored ribbons on mine, it didn't make any difference.

A little old lady took my bag. She called the airport the next day and they delivered it to me.

And there were notes inside that one of my bags was searched. The one with all the dirty underwear. Oh well.

The fellow who delivered my bag said that people put all kinds of things on their bags and they still get taken. He said he remembers delivering a bag that had the owner's picture on the outside of it! One bag he said was pink and had a purple ribbon around it. How could you think those bags were yours if they were not! Honestly. Just look at the little numbers and make sure before you leave. It just seems like just a simple thing to do. Again. Oh well.

I'll be back.

Have a very good day in the meantime.

Tu tranquilo,

Miss Roxie

No comments: