Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no time out. Sometimes, it's now or never...
Take a look at that calendar! HOW did it get to the end of the year so quickly!
I am grateful to my blog because I would doubtful remember a day in the order of which it happened had I not had it logged in here. Reminds me, I better back some of this stuff up .... I am so bad at that. It's like I trust something in the universe unseen to keep me covered. I should know by now that’s not a fact.
I keep writing posts and then hitting 'save as draft', and I really don't know why. I get lost thinking 'I'm not finished.'
Well, woman, no, you are not finished. Of course, you are not finished. You are never finished nor are you going to be! Get over it.
Today I spent a great time talking with Madam Blueberry about Vermeer. She is reading a book about him from this series. I can't really explain it all to you, but she is hilarious with her opinion of things. I love her opinion of things. That's really what I miss the most about leaving everyday to take care of my nephew. It's like she's in a correspondence course now. I read over her material, and I write up questions. Then later we discuss her answers. She is just so funny.
I made some cookies this morning, and then I took them and Jacob, my three-year-old charge, to the Fire Department. I've never seen him at a loss for words before. But if I ever wanted to shut him up, I'll take him there again! I mean that in a funny way. He was just so overwhelmed!! The trucks ~ and he loves trucks, all kinds of trucks ~ were Huge! And the two Firemen who showed us around were Huge!! He'd never been there before. And I didn't tell him we were going because I wasn't sure what would be going on. I just, on a whim, decided I would go.
They let him sit in the truck, but he couldn't really stay there. He wanted to be in the seat, but he got down quickly. It was so high! The Fireman, Robert, was going to start up the truck for him, but I think he might have freaked had we done that. Maybe next time.
The Fireman found a little hat for him, some badges, and gave him a coloring book. They were extremely nice.
We also visited my sister in law. She's remodeling and painting and the place is a real mess. An organized mess, but a child's dream of wondering about in search of anything/something/everything. At one point he got himself stuck in the maze of boxes and couldn't find a way out. He was puzzled, but thought it was cool that I rescued him.
Her place is all a make shift of things for tables and counters. No drawers and no regular furniture in most of the rooms. It's like a really huge playhouse. Jacob said all the things were his, and he lived there. I do have to watch him closely, but my sister in law and I get to visit while she paints, and we talk and watch Jacob explore.
He had such a fine day. He got a little upset with me, you might say, as he realized we were rounding the corner to go back to his house, and he threw a little truck at me while I was driving. I’m not really sure quite what to make of that.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment