...or 'betta's', as Madam Blueberry used to say when she was little.
You can actually _walk_ into my laundry room. Really. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but after the cookie sheet attack, I decided to fight back with some organization of my own. It's holding....I can see the floor.
We still haven't found the time to put up the cabinets we bought from Home Depot. They are making themselves at home in my dining room up against the kitchen cabinets. I've had to dust the top of the boxes; they've been there that long now. This cabinet project will involve Madam Blueberry as I have decided she should learn to use a power drill.
And you can see the floor in my green room. But don't try to open the closet door. Because where do you think all the stuff that was on the floor in the green room is?
I have put some things and books on the shelves in my closet. We doubled shelved in there, so now it's just deciding what will go where in there, then when. That will take me awhile. I probably need the month of January to do that and maybe a new piece of furniture to hold my home school stuff and I still need a desk.
I went for a walk on the beach tonight and it was so beautiful! It looked like a Dan Mackin painting (Mr. Mackin lives about 3 miles from me). The beach kind of reflects some things going on in the earth, like sometimes it just looks all gray and murky, but not tonight ~ it was a beautiful, captivating ocean.
My sister in law and her dog, Buddy, walked along with me. He does know how to enjoy himself!
The boys got back from Gainesville about 5 or so. They went to the Gator/South Carolina game and it was a close one!
I'm just finishing the book Hoot, by Carl Hiassin, a local Florida writer.
It's a movie now. It's been described as 'blandly generic family film.' But it's gotta be cute. I'm reading it because my great nephew is reading it, and so my sister and I decided to read it with him so we can discuss it. I thought that would be fun. It takes place in Florida, and has some Jimmy Buffet in the sound track (who has something to do with it's production along with playing the teacher Mr. Ryan), and since we live in Florida, we thought, oh well, we'd read it, too.
There are reviews of the movie Hoot that just panned it badly because of the behavior of the kids, taking actions in their own hands in a less than get-a-permit-for-a-petition-way. One review admonished parents to keep their kids away from this film. (But I checked out all the films this person did like, and oh well, to each his own.)
And I suppose, if your children are going to learn how to act in this world from a film, you shouldn't take them or rent it. But I look at it as, well, just a movie.
But like a lot of movies, the reviews I read didn't really follow the book's story many times. I think they do that with movies. Ooops, did I give away anything about how the world works? (LOL)
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment