Thrown back into the portals of no more holiday for a month....
I did terribly badly on my diet, if you want to call it a diet, my eating plan, I suppose. I did well this morning and afternoon, but I think what happened was I didn't eat enough food for lunch, matter of fact, I don't think I ate any lunch, and that's what did it -- I got home late and ate a nice dinner, and then I kept picking and picking and picking - ham and donuts. For heavens sakes! Just a bite here and a bite there ...not a good plan. And not enough water either! Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I did mess up today.
Sean went to Tallahassee to see the Florida State/Florida game, which the gators won, and he was on television! Not just him, but him and his two friends! The boys have known each other since, well, since they were born actually. He was on the Sunshine network. Very cool.
Today Madam Blueberry told me about lobsters. How their claws don't match, and the lobsters are actually either right handed or left-handed. I thought that was fairly amazing.
I had a very racing day today. I went to pick up Jake, and then walked over to my sister in law's house. She needed to run an errand, which was about 45 minutes away to pick up a television set for her parents. It was at this place called Brand Mart or Brand's Smart or something like that. It was supposed to be a very good deal.
She had gotten a call from a salesman there that they were holding a tv for her. So, we go there. All the way there. And they can't find the salesman. And the two other salesman she spoke with are more than willing to cut the other missing salesman out of his commission, which my sister in law didn't want to do since he was good enough to call her. So there's a little commotion going on about that.
Jake and I watched the movie Cars on one of the televisions.
Then they told her, after about 20 minutes, that there were no televisions left. Then she said, well the other salesman told me there were 17 of them that had come in. Then the cut-the-guy-out-of-the-commission-salesman said, 'oh well let me check again.' He checked.
Then he said that he would go and 'put his hand on one.' She was like, 'huh?'
Jake and I watched Cars and he danced to a music video that was playing very loudly on another television. He's a very good dancer, that Jacob.
We waited some more. Cut Salesman comes back. Says, 'well there aren't any more.' Sis-in-law says, 'well, the other guy said he was holding one for me. Do you want to hear the voice mail? It's on my phone.'
'Oh,' says he now. 'There is one there with someone's name on it. What is your name?'
He goes back down, and then comes back and says, 'no, there aren't any more.'
Weird. Very bad business. Hour and a half to save $500.00 they didn't manage to save. However, $500.00 is a very big savings and maybe that's why there weren't any more televisions. I think the employees took them and sold them for a profit themselves.
“Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." ~ Bertrand Russell
"History suggests that capitalism is a necessary condition for political freedom." ~ Milton Freeman
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment