Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Meals ME-ME

I was tagged by Tim’s Mom at Bona Vita Rusticanda Est to play this quiz created by the Apprentice.

It's not the _most_ interesting one I've ever done, but I think the meme's are kind of cute. I mean, it's just a wee bit of a distraction, and not really so harmful to know that someone has a thought or a favorite thing that's their own.

What was the best ___ you ever had?

1. Pasta/spaghetti?

This was my favorite meal as a child. My mother made “the best” spaghetti sauce in the world! She said she got it out of a home ec cookbook. I remember fondly the nights she made spaghetti.

2. Best chocolate chip cookies?

Many people think mine are fairly decent and close to excellent. I love them. I use the Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe, but do not use any white sugar. I use one cup of brown sugar. The cookies are moister than most. I usually put them in the freezer right away. We love them straight out of the freezer.

3. Birthday cake?

I am not really a cake fan. I like the icing better than the cake. But. If I am going to have cake, I love chocolate with nuts and cherries. I don’t care for boxed cakes.


4. Chicken burger?

I don’t really care for chicken burgers. I used to. Now they all taste like rubber burgers.

5. Hamburger?


I don’t think I eat them now. They taste funny to me, too. Sometimes I want one. But I pass. Or I might take a few bites to satisfy the craving. When I chew meat, it always ends up leaving the taste of cardboard in my mouth.

6. Pumpkin pie?


Not a favorite.


7. What's your favorite food, and who made it?

There is a pasta dish I like at Outback. And there are two ladies at my former church, Hamen (pronounced Hey-min) Yang, and Kathy Ferrell. Anything they made was to die for! I mean *anything*. Such Great Cooks they are.

When my husband was ill and our church assigned us meals, I was so glad that those two ladies volunteered! (They know I love them!)




8. Name three people you'd like to join in.


I don’t know anybody any more. I don’t think any reads my blog now.

So I guess this is all about 'meh' .....


No comments: