That would be a coconut shell ~
I'm here in Tally right now, going back down South on Friday. Don't know if this will be the last trip. But. Fitting a 2100 sq foot house into a 1300 sq foot house is very interesting to say the least! Our book shelves will be on the ceilings. Our beds will be nailed to the walls. And there's a train every day, every night, every, every, you can think of, as we live near the train tracks. This is the price that a poor white girl from the south must pay, if she should want to live near the beach. 3/10 of a mile from the beach.
From my front porch I can see the most beautiful blue sky. And at night, crisp and clear, you can see the stars.
What did I do this week? I interacted with boxes. Open and closed. And ran away. From boxes. I did get some things accomplished.
By the end of the week, my house was full of kids. I feed 5 kids last night. All, but my daughter, are from broken homes. Sad. So, I made pizza (from scratch, so easy) and french fries and fish sticks. Easy peasy for 5 teenagers at the last minute. (I put some carrots and dip out just for the balance of it.)
I saw The Turtles in concert Friday night. Does _anyone_ remember them? My daughter said she didn't realize they were still living. They sang so many of their hits, and the audience was full of fans because everyone sang along! It was fun. The Turtles said they were already rich and really only toured because it was fun and they enjoyed it. Their voices were immaculate, I was surprised, and they didn't mess up on one line! More than I can say for one Jackson Browne! But he is forgiven by his fans because he is still so handsome.
My sons live next door to me now. Tell you what. That was weird. It was like being on
vacation and living in the past, all at the same time. They were over for coffee and borrowing milk...but, I borrowed so much more from them, I have to admit.
I was all over the place with visiting and unpacking and doing some basic shopping and car tag straightening outting and keeping track of my daughter's new friends. And I am here to say that I thank God in Heaven that my home is one that the kids don't mind hanging out at because if my daughter was hanging out at the homes of people I didn't know, I would be freaking out.
There is so much to thankful for. My cup overflows.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment