The day turned out well and busy. Tropical Storm Ernesto has everyone in this little town and the towns near-by at the gas station - lines are going out into the street - and the grocery stores are out of water and ice. Guess people do want to be prepared this time! School has been cancelled for tomorrow - public and college.
I don't have Jacob tomorrow, but it isn't because of the storm. I really need some time to work on these -- should I say the word? _BOXES_. My life surrounded by cardboard. I did well over the week, I think, and unloaded about 8 boxes, and brought 5 more from the shed. (Gosh, I feel like I am starting to repeat myself...)
Anyway, Jacob's nana was going to be taking him to a place where they are putting in a new mobile home. He absolutely loves these construction sites and large trucks. What a good Nana!
My time with Jacob is passing better than the first week. He is just into everything right away, no hesitation, no boundaries, no fear –I have been doing much watching, much talking, much observing, of his actions, I should say. I spent the first week mostly observing him, and checking out how quickly he would obey my commands. Not too, too quickly I found out. But an almost 3 year old boy can get into his own world easily!
I began to speak with his parents, in front of him about things, and speak to him before a situation occurred, and have found he is so much better if he knows what is expected of him. And if he forgets, he will take the reminding into good consideration and usually control himself. Each day he has been better and better. I think he really wants to be good. That’s so helpful.
I made a nice tenderloin for Mr. B. Served with baked potatoes and broccoli which Madam Blueberry, and I love together.
I had two great smoothies today, too – Mango, banana and spinach, and Strawberries, grapes, banana and lettuce, just delicious. I’ve noticed that there is a Natural Smoothie place at the large mall here that makes Green Smoothies! I guess they are catching on. Or maybe they have also been on and I have never noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment