Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Among the boxes...

They are piled high. They are half full. They are taped, they are broken, and they are protruding with kitchen utensils. They hold all my precious photos, my memories, my scraps of paper I will not relinquish, my ticket stubs, shell jewelry the children made for me, all my little 'i love you mommy pleese forgiv me' notes', (I saved them all).

We went through some 'do you really need this?' to each other with the distress in the voice of the asker, or some other kind of tone.

I feel sadness when I see one of my schoolbook put in a box and taped away wondering how long will be it before I find it again and can get it on a schedule. I don’t want to loose the year, Madam B did so well last year.

This year I am going to need some inventive things until I can get my schedule together.

I want to talk a friend of mine into doing Madam B's yearly assessment. But what I'll plan are quarterly visits! And then on the beach in the morning, she can go over the work for that quarter and make her assessments while sipping some lovely morning drink like mimosas! And eating grapes, and strawberries and watermelon.

I have a huge large bag of things to through out, but who knows what is enough?

I'm sure I'll sort more when I get there.

We did get an extra little blessing today when we went to get the truck. They didn't have the size we ordered, so they gave us the bigger one at no extra charge. That's very cool.

Our feet are so tired. They hurt. All three of us; and our neighbor/friend/son Bobby has been helping today and will be back tomorrow. We need to leave on Friday, as the truck is due back on Saturday.

So enough of that. Tomorrow I am going to cut a friend of mine’s hair. I think I’ve mentioned her before. She has been a friend for 21 years, and this may be the last time I cut her hair. She’s homebound now. Not her style, but what the doctor has ordered. She’s already lived longer than he said she should.

We are looking to not only be totally packed tomorrow, but have the house clean because we are having an open house over the weekend while we are gone. Since the original deal fell through, we’ve got to keep going!!

Time for rest now. Tomorrow is a busy, busy, day!

Tu tranquilo,

Miss Roxie

No comments: