THESE _are_ really, really good ....I mean, really...
I had mine with a bit of the great frosting that Madam B made (I'll have to get that recipe in my blog) and some fresh strawberries. And yum, yum, yum...
Rich and Chewy Low Fat Brownies
Amazingly rich and chewy, you would never know these are low fat. I have people asking me for this recipe whenever I make it. The applesauce is the secret ingredient in these delicious brownies! This recipe also doubles well and will fit into a 9x13 pan.
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups white sugar
2 egg whites
3/4 cup applesauce
1. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Add egg whites, applesauce and vanilla.
2. Mix all other ingredients in a separate smaller bowl and add to the wet ingredients in the large bowl. Do NOT overmix!
3. Spray 8x8 dish with PAM and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
ENJOY!
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment