Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And so I find I was wrong....

In a recent post, I said I couldn't be married to the extreme of what I thought it took to live in an orderly and clean house.

Well. I was wrong.

It's been lovely. It is lovely. And it's been easier than I ever imagined.

I think the goal of getting there is the most difficult. But once you are there, it is so peaceful! At first you think, “oh my word, I have nothing to do!” And you feel a slight bored or something unidentifiable because it’s new …but alas, you are really just experiencing the feeling of being free from clutter. As the feeling was foreign to me, I did feel a strange reaction at first.

Of course, you do have something to do, but it’s so much easier now. Some folks call it maintenance, but really, now, it’s how you live.

My motivation to Go Forth and Clean was the fact I'm selling my house. But the feeling that an orderly and clean house has brought me is something I have no wish to depart from ... I shall keep this 'new habit' in it's resident place of forefront. It shall become my way of life.

Putting things away has become easier and easier. Being efficient has become easier and easier.

I had company for dinner on Easter Sunday and the major concentration was on the preparation of food for the guests, and then the company itself! It was wonderful!

A plan and good tools – no, let’s say great tools – are important.

I’ll share some of my personal favorites later. Right now, I’m going to sit on the porch and have a cup of tea with Madam Blueberry (without whose help these surroundings would have not been possible without the loss of my sanity. I thank God for such a gift as her.)

No comments: