Sunday, April 09, 2006

so to sum up ....

Twelve people came to the Open House...only need one buyer.

Madam B (who is definitely interested in culinary arts) and I went out. We went to Barnes and Nobles. She bought three Mangas and I bought "Shakespeare After All" by Marjorie Garber. I saw the book by Harold Bloom about Shakespeare but this books had more plays (38) and really went in depth to compare one to another..the jacket says it's ..."a ceremony of adoration" and I adore Shakespeare.

I don't know why. I have one friend who says that the feelings I have about Shakespeare have to do with reincarnation. I do respect and adore this friend, but I don't feel reincarnated! But, yet, the affection I feel for Shakespeare's works, I cannot explain. No one I've ever hung out with has felt what I've felt, and then along comes my daughter, and bingo! She loves his works, too.

We bought Midsummer's Night Dream for the next reading. I read in this new book I have that this is Romeo and Juliet inside out! Interesting. Don't think I haven't noticed that there are many repeat things in his plays!

We thought we might catch a movie, so we went to see what was playing and time-wise the choice was "Benchwarmers" and "Inside Man" ... We chose "Inside Man"...It was okay. But Denzel Washington, who played Don Pedro in Much Ado About Nothing was in the movie, so we thought, okay, wouldn't be that bad. And it wasn't really, just okay for afternoon prices ...

Oh, and about a clean home...I'm thinking, everyone should do this, at least once. My home looks like a show place almost. It's lovely, just so clean and shiny and smells so good! Give it a shot, seriously, you might be surprised at how you feel.


Certainly this is a duty, not a sin. "Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness."
~~ john wesley




No comments: