Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Living under the name of For Sale....

It can be a tad stressful. I love having a clean and neat home, love it, love it, love it ~ but being on call is tough. Someone is coming at 12.30 tomorrow.

I put myself on a two hour notice, so we are 'trying' very hard to get things organized for a two hours *from this moment showing*. Well, not two hours from the middle of the night ~ but you know what I mean. I have created a few tricks.

Madam Blueberry is being very helpful. I don’t know what I would do without her. She has a genuis for tidiness. That particular gene skipped me.

She is still experimenting with the cooking and Saturday she made some icing from scratch, and it wasn’t turning out thick enough. She had found the recipe on line. It's one that you cook, but seemed simple enough, however, I had to go to the store and buy two boxes of confectionate sugar in the middle of it all, which did get dumped in the icing before it became nicely spreadable, and then it became so good that I gained two pounds eating the cake it was on.

It wasn't just the cake that got iced. She covered the kitchen in icing. She is a really messy cook. The refrigerator was iced, the water filter attachement, everything, and the floor was sticky like we were having a 'bee showing'.

She says it’s because she is creative. I say she is just messy. We are still debating the issue.

She still remains, though, the very best girl. I don't care if she ends up icing me and decorating me with Easter colored sprinkles while I sleep. It's great to have her in my life.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
~~ Ecclesiastes

No comments: