"Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."
~~ Swedish Proverb
I just popped in to remind myself ~ I'm still here.
I've been away from my computer, and am still out of town, so I'm borrowing my son's computer for a moment.
It's funny about having a blog. It's like a part of my life now, and when I don't post and then look at the missing dates ~ I feel like I've lost some things I would have like to remembered.
I been visiting with my family these past couple of days. It's been fun. I love seeing my boys (they live away from home now); they are so funny. They might not be as funny when I'm not around -- we all know that moms are great audiences -- but it feels good to have the whole family together.
The weather here in South Florida has been beautiful.
The first day we were here, there were some good winds though, and there was a fire at Jonathan Dickenson State Park the next day. US 1 was closed for a large section near the park, the smell of smoke could choke you, and the neighboring houses all ran their sprinklers through the night.
Today is two days later, and you could see where the fire had crossed the road and still catch that heavy smell of smoke for a half mile or so.
We came down to South Florida this particular weekend to see Leo Kottke in concert. I had never heard of the fellow, but I'm married to an audiophile (which is --" An individual who is very interested and enthusiastic about the sound quality of a stereo or home theater system") --who just loves this particular kind of stuff. Leo was very good. He did some amazing things on the guitar and made it look so easy.
He played two very long songs when he first came out, not saying anything to the audience, and I thought to myself, oh gee, I hope we get a story or two. I do like guitar music, but I like the stories that people have to tell, also. He didn't disappoint. It was a lovely concert. It felt like a sweet night of hanging out with friends.
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment