I'm looking forward to my student returning to school tomorrow! The flu just knocked poor Madam Blueberry out! She's been sleeping during the day and coughing during the night ~ bless her heart. We think she feels better tonight as she was hungry and that's always a good sign. It's been about 6 days since she's eaten very much.
It's been odd not having to check in on schoolwork or read something or have something read to me or narrated to me or just asked a question in general!
But that did allow for a lot of packing and book working. I know this moving talk must be getting boring. It's getting boring to me!!
I did watch the movie The Scarlet Letter. The one with Demi Moore and Gary Oldman and Robert Duval. We haven't finished the book, but I am so doubtful that the endings will be the same. And I don't recommend the movie to anyone. At all. For any reason. It just wasn't that great.
I'm still swimming slowly through Pride and Prejudice enjoying the conversations. I wonder why it is we don’t have conversations like that anymore? Last night, out of sheer boredom, I watched a television show called The Bachelor. He was in Paris. I was brought to my knees laughing so hard at the way the young ladies expressed their feelings -- please forgive me if I sound cruel, but this is some of what they said ,
"When I first saw you...I thought...(stutter, splat, stutter)..Wow!"
"When I first laid eyes on you, it was like....Whoa!"
I mean, like, really, like, gee, come on, like, there you are and ....WOW.
I don't know about you, I don't mean to be a total snob, but there's something missing for me in the conversation.
But I'll give it to the Bachelor. He said he was impressed with the way they “just couldn't find words for how they felt.” So I guess, whomever, he chooses, it will be a match made, and forever they will smile at each other and say, "Wow." Maybe that’s all they need and I shouldn’t make fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment