Saturday, January 21, 2006

In my mind and otherwise

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
~~Alan Cohen

I wish I felt that fire of courage rising up inside me as we go forward with the change. I'll wait. Perhaps it will come.


What's going on here and there -

I want to give my blog a new look, but I don't have the time.
I want to get all my stuff done, but I have too much stuff.
No matter how hard I try, I run out of energy before I want too.
Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I don't know.
It's not that I'm not doing anything, I just don't know if I always want to be doing what I am doing.
My house is a wreck. One total wreck. If we were a book right now, we'd be the Wreck of the Bellewdune De because what we did done do has wrecked the place.

We are having a garage sale this next up weekend. I hate garage sales. My in-laws are coming to help. They love garage sales. Such a match was made in heaven. But hopefully, we will sell most of the items (furniture too), and have a few extra dollars and some things gone.

Makes you wonder though, how do we collect so many things that we absolutely don’t need anyway? I guess we thought we needed them at the time.


I ran out of paper for my to-do list. I didn't run out of to-dos. So I'm still todoin.

Steaming the Dinner ~


Mr. B likes sausage. I feel terrible serving it to him, but he likes it. And he likes it browned. So what I do is, brown the sausage the day before. Then I stir-fry some garlic and two onions with extra virgin olive oil in a pan. I place two precooked sausages on top of them. On top of that, some mozzarella cheese. On top of that, broccoli and carrots. I sprinkle some seasonings on everything as I go – I favor oregano, basil, and nature’s seasoning salt. Cover the pan and let it steam (maybe add a bit of water to create a good steam). I time it with the Basmati rice that takes 20 minutes. You can do this with anything! And it looks so pretty! And tastes really good. It’s quick and easy.

I found a quick fast easy potato dish that way. Same thing, sauté onions and garlic in a pan or a pot and add some apples. Then slice your potatoes and place them on top of all that. I do add some salt. Put a lid on the whole thing, check it in about 20 minutes (depending on how thick you cut your potatoes dictates the timing – the apples cook quickly and add great flavor), and it is so good! I served this for Christmas dinner, and it went fast. If you want to, you can add some carrots and broccoli. Just always remember that broccoli doesn’t take as long.

So in steaming food, you just need to be aware of the size of your veggies, but you can add your favorite seasoning, and rarely ever does it go wrong for me. If there are a lot of veggies in my dish, I do sprinkle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the veggies with the seasonings.

They are enjoying their meal tonight, and it only took me 20 minutes! I’m faster than Rachael Ray !!

No comments: