The driveway is covered with leaves. I sweep them and they are quickly back again. I was watching someone sweep recently. I said it was good exercise. Peaceful exercise.
They said their blower was broken. I can't remember who I was speaking with. Isn't that awful? Could that be aging or serious signs of detachment? Regardless of the outcome of that thought, I do enoy sweeping the driveway.
It seems everything around me needs attention. And I feel the challenge to answer every call. I do wish the Lord had provided me with a more attractive manner in which to set my brain to do this. My manner seems to be quite messy. I hold a thing for a minute, someone needs something from me, I bring the thing, do the bidding required, return to another place to maybe get one other thing going before returning to my original thing and I've lost my pen and the thing I was holding. I am the nightmare of the lost and many times never found items. Oh, and I do strive for more steadiness and even kneel and focus ... it just never stays with me for long. Jesus said, "Do not fear." I try not too. But I do fear I won't get my things done. I must work on changing that.
But I continue. Unjaded. Just desirous of results that can be call Fini!
I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and just finished Chapter 4. Tim's Mom is reading this as well. I feel like I was spoiled by the A & E 6 hour presentation. I can't come to conclusions on my own on the characters. I'm being influenced by what I've watched over and over again. I don't know if that fact means anything except it's greatly interfering with my wanting to finish the book! But it seems like an easy read, so I will finish it. Tim's mom suggested I make up a reading schedule. I don't think I could do that as this time of my life.
I am scheduling a lot lately though. I have so much scheduling to do, I'm scheduling my scheduling.
I did finish the Johnny Cash autobiography.
When I went over to Tim's mom's blog to get the link to post, I noticed I have been indicted in a tag game. I am a tag game ender as no one really reads my blog to pass the game along. And E-Yikes also,
I have noticed dear Tim has tagged me. I shall have to stretch my brain (even more than usual for the beginning of the week!) for answers!
Actually, I was thinking of making up a tag game myself! I might still do that.
Some random thoughts that have floated on by~
"Swear only by your hope of heaven and your fear of hell" .... Johnny Tremain
Even monkeys fall out of trees .... Japanese proverbs
"If music be the food of love, play on.".....Twelfth Night (Madam B is reading this and enjoying it.she’s enjoying the humor.)
"Love is an ideal thing, marriage is a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished." .... Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (that is a strange thought? Yes?)
He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough....
Lao-tzu
Conduct is more convincing than language....John Woolman
And conduct is what I am involved in mostly right now. Many, many things going right depend upon my conduct. I shall continue to think about this, and I shall act accordingly.
"There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things." - Niccolò Machiavelli
No comments:
Post a Comment