Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clouded illusions or Lying?

I want to understand why the people who say that the profits of insurance companies "has not shown an increase", don't understand how tax returns work for corporations. Their profits don't go up because they revel in the deductions which turn out to be benefits for them.

1. Bonuses are a deduction

2. Big parties a deduction

3. PAY RAISES a deduction

4. Profits are a DECISION. The companies decide what is profit and what is not.
4a. That means big pay raises for CEO's which don't count as profit,
4b. and on and on ad infinitum.

5. Look it up, seriously.

Corporations DO NOT file their tax returns the same as the regular EVERYMAN. Never have, and most likely, never will. Corporations have long held this advantage.

The profits of the poor little ole insurance companies are being misrepresented. That is my opinion stated from what I know of stuff. Maybe from what you know of stuff, you have something different to say and can defend the insurance companies - health and otherwise -- who are now standing with their brother and sister corporations and taking over things they have no business taking over --

Which is ~ making a profit from someone's illness.

All that blather and I want to add one more thing:

I think there are some up there in Washington who are fully aware of what I am fully aware of, and I wonder how it is they sleep at night. I wonder how it is they really think that causing financial disaster to ill and dying people is in any way a good thing.

For all the thinking I have done about it, I can't see where that decision is the best and better one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.