Saturday, February 13, 2010

Can you see the forest?

Miscellaneous stuff I need to get out of my head to make room for other stuff:

1. Sarah Palin's palm notes (or as other writers noted: Sarah's Palm Pilot). Those who love Sarah and the Republican party jumped to her defense with this type of logic:

-- remarks akin to 'doesn't everyone use palm notes, or notes'?,

--and, as far as I can tell, which really who knows how far that is, that wasn't the point of pointing out the palm notes ...

-- *I* think the point was that she was referring to President Obama as "a charismatic guy with a Teleprompter". So, in effect, she created an oxymoron. (Hilarious!)

We can look at both of these people and their prompters, albeit their palm or their teles, and study them intensely with bold headlines and front page news and read blogs which takes stances on either sides of the matter, but in the end, you have two human beans who need notes to remember what they want to say. Oh my, the humanness of it all. (Such deep discovery.)

But, what I find fascinating about myself regarding both these issues is that:
I really don't care.

2. I have been told I am a Swing Voter. I was actually hoping that had something to do with dancing. But apparently, it does not. Upon further study of this discovery, I find the term - Swing Voter - fits me finely. I am independent, and I do like to dance, and even though I try always to be kind, I really don't like to be told what to do.

To some people being a swing voter means that I am throwing my vote away. (Bless their hearts.)

To some other people it means that because there is such a thing as a swing voter, politicians play harder directing attention towards my area of concerns, meaning they try to stay to the center of whatever side they are really leaning towards, which means I am responsible for their presenting a false front of sorts, or as some term that is loosely used in areas such as these --- *lying*. (Now, I have a headache.)

I have been lectured by people, who are party dominated, boldly noting the regards of the importance of stating a case for concrete distinctions in decision making and the all importance of choosing a party plan to support. (Bullocks of a headache, now.)

I feel this type of thinking leaves nothing for a margin of error, of which there always is and this fact of life which is often ignored, does need to be considered.

So, I just go in the voting booth and boldly vote how I want. Every time. When something is so concrete, and so set in stone ...Yikes! That is just to scary! We are talking about ideas here, not statues in a park!

Politicians should not know everything about how things are going regarding who is going to vote for them; they should stay a little edgy and keep sharp, and concentrate on telling us the truth about who they are and what ideas are really in their hearts.

Swing voters make them a little nervous, as one never knows what a swing voter is going to do, -- and no politician should ever have it so easy that he/she thinks that votes will be there for them like lovely presents, all nicely wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning.

They need keep sharp and on their toes; learn to deal with the unexpected, the maybes, and the could bes and learn to think about that existing margin of error, because, it. is. out there.


3. President Obama is setting a trap for the GOP. Oh man, oh man ... this one is still rolling around in my head, but I have got to admit...there is a lot of laughter going on in that space.

1 comment:

Mikki Lee said...

Right on sista'. I'm just browsing other's blogs, when I came across yours. You brought a smile to my face.

Michelle