#1 son came in and asked us that this morning.
We said, "Cleaning out the back of the refrigerator."
"What's back there?" he asked.
"Another country" I answered.
One would have to live on a dirt road to understand the automatic accumulation of dust and dirt that can migrate into a home. In spaces and places one would not venture thought to find a settling of God's earth in one's home.
But, anyway, that task is done! And Yay!
I'm back to Flylady's first chore - the shiny sink. I give Flylady the highest of recommendations. If anyone is having a problem scheduling the house keeping because you are too tired or too busy or too stressed to even know where to start (all of those apply to me), Flylady can get you going.
If I follow her daily load of wash suggestion - in and out - life stays a lot easier. I find I used to spend my Saturdays totally doing loads of laundry. I would find an old Lifetime movie on the telly, something sappy, and do the laundry all day. But, with the load a day method during the week, I rarely have to do laundry on the weekends, unless I decide to do that chore. That is one thing I found really freeing.
I, also, like the timer routine. Set the timer for 15 minutes for a task, when it rings you walk away and go on to something else. Eventually, you are cycling around your entire house on a regular basis, and the tasks become easier and quicker.
It just becomes easier to see an actual end, although there really is never an end, it becomes an order one can measure in their mind. Actually, I think that is a kind of a Francis Bacon thing --
Do not overwork the mind any more than the body; do everything with moderation.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like you're on the right track and moving forward. I think I need to start implementing some of those changes.
They actually are fun! A friend came over today with her two children. And _I_ did not have to freak out about my house! Such a good feeling!
Post a Comment