Sunday, November 09, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

In the middle of reading the Constitution, I decided to look up recipes.

I love food blogs and found this one called Make Food Not War,

which featured a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins! What a great idea for Fall! I love chocolate chips in anything.

So, guess what I'm making for the Thanksgiving Family Feast! Yum! I'll probably try substituting brown sugar for white and maybe try applesause instead of oil, as I do that in Banana Bread and it works out fine.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 - 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour the pan or use paper liners.

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water together in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spice, salt, and chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until blended. Do not overmix.

Pour into muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments: