Self Manage
There is a huge hole in the heart of all our educations. It is where the skills and abilities of self-management should be. No one teaches us how to manage our thoughts, feelings, attitudes and behaviour, so we find it hard to manage the four Rs – relationships, roles, responsibilities and resources. So let’s get started. Consciously choose the quality of your thoughts today – accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative and clean up the waste. Everything, which means everything in your life, begins with your thoughts
~~From Thought for Today Website
I wonder how many parents talk with their children about what they think, the ideas they come up with and where they got them. I wonder how many parents have the time these days to discuss with children how they feel about things, how they perceive things.
I don't remember this type of discussion during my childhood at all. But I do enjoy this type of discussion with my children.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment