Is life a journey? or an assignment? is it your job or career? your family?
Some people never ask themselves these questions. Some people can never escape these questions.
Mr. B began his training for his new job today. And, it sounds terrible - so far. First, they scheduled the new employees to show up in the wrong city. Where they are supposed to be is another 30 minutes away - making the drive a 90 minute commute. Secondly, they said, 'don't expect to have another life outside of this one.' Oh, bad sign if your journey is not 'my career is the journey.'
So, at this time, we are just coasting. Going through the motions of following through what this job might really be like, if indeed it is different than described today, but at the same time, changing our plans. A job like this isn't what we want for our journey together.
So, watch with us as we decide what to do, how to play the cards we drew, and make the hand turn out as we would like it to be.
Oh my! our cat just fell into the open washing machine half full of water and then got out and ran through the house panicked! If one should believe in signs, wonder what that is a sign of?
Good day,
Miss Roxie
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"don't expect to have another life outside of this one"
What kind of a thing is that to say to new employees? Not in this day and age.
I wouldn't be surprised to find that they have a high turnover rate. I had hoped it would turn out to be something better - but I guess this one isn't it.
Praying for you about this new journey.
I think the wet cat is just that....sign of a mess!!!
I think if I had heard that said at my new job I would be looking for the door!!!
Thank you both for you comments and prayers. He has decided to continue as it's 'job' right now.
Post a Comment