Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Invitation to the party

I'm ahead of myself and behind at the same time. I've got my tax things ready for the accountant which I don't normally have done until about August! That's freaky. But, in the rest of my life, I remain, in a way, stagnant.

This, this being part of the unemployment statistics, is very warying. As much as one wishes to be positive, one must still deal with feelings, comments and questions from others, as well as the comments and questions that well up from inside ourselves, causing all kinds of emotions that run a tributary of wild thoughts through our minds.

Emotions must be respected. That is how someone is not made to be crazy.

Lots of people want to deny feelings that are what some might call 'negative' ...but feelings are real things, real messages are being sent and must be received and dealt with least they deposit themselves somewhere in our body or in our actions that could be deemed unhealthy. A person can feel nervous about a situation and find that their body is flushed and think their blood pressure is going to shoot their brain out of their head! Most likely - not.

Just relax and let it pass. Otherwise, you might lead it in the wrong direction. Take deep breathes, drop your shoulders, give them a roll back and relax.

In respecting all our feelings, we can allow them to pass through without damaging ourselves or things around us.

I have found that movement is very important. Positive movement regardless of whether you clean a drawer, weed a flower bed, or go for a walk, or pet the cat. I have cleaned the inside of my cabinets and the cabinet doors. Something that has always been in the back of my mind to do. It's lovely. Even Mr. B noticed! And I've started back on a regular workout routine. (Let's see how long that lasts!)

But, if one should feel the need to be still, than by all means, respect that feeling and be still. Outside is probably best. On the beach is probably better. Sometimes, being still is best.

But, I know regardless of the situation right now, there could always be something worse going on in my life.

The consequence of changing things in the middle of one's life, without preparation, is surprise. Like - **Surprise!!** Only there is no party. Except for the one you might give yourself.

No comments: