Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's actually cold here

A. In Sunny Florida it is 67 today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder. Ready for this -- 45 lovely degrees! It will go up to 65, though, so no worries.

And what a beautiful sky tonight. All coral pink and brilliant, looks like lovely pink sand. When I figure out the picture thing, I'll post one of the sky tonight. Which hopefully will turn out better than my dot of an eclipse.

I get really frustrated with myself trying to learn these things!

B. Mr. B's job - His first day of on the job training. And his instructor said, 'if you do things the way they showed you in class, you will never get done.' Is that always the way? Is life like that? Is there a manual somewhere and then you read it, and say, 'oh yes, this is the manual, we took the test, but none of this will work in a practical sense?' Makes things tough to sort your way through.

And that is all we are doing. We are sorting our way through.

C. I have a house project going. Since I live in a small house, I have really needed to assess where does one actually need to keep things? What are our habits? How do we really live?

An example: Mr. B always put a handful of clothes to wear again - somewhere. His hand goes out - and the clothes go 'somewhere.' Since he has 'no where', he puts them on a my dresser. So, I need to create a 'where' of a place to accommodate that habit. And I will.

I am going to work on doing something brilliant in our closet. I don't know what exactly, and I'm hoping I can do it without a lot of money -- but that's my plan right now.

I have a lot of blankets in that closet. Blankets and comforters that we used to use all the time. But gone are the days when my house was daily a place for tents and forts, and children wrapped up in comfies to hear a story I was reading aloud ("wahhh, I so miss that!!" she says smiling through the tears).

So, I have been washing them and refolding them (so I can store them properly), and I've found for them another place other than my closet to be. And I have freed up a lot of space! Okay, great. I don't know what the next step is, but I'll get there.

I realize my goal for the closet might be a little out of my ability to achieve it on my own, but if I don't do it that way, I think I would stall in mid air.

No comments: