Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The incompetency train...

...runs straight through the DMV.

I misplaced my drivers license. I am so angry with myself. My son needs some information for his college application that concerns my drivers license number and, so, I took it out of my purse to get the info and from there it went into the abyss.

So, today, my son calls and says he needs the date I first got my drivers license in the state of Florida. Drat. Who knows that when they are older than Jackson Browne? I got my license to drive in the state of Texas in 1962. And then I moved back to Florida and got a license ...but who knows the date?

So, to get the date, I needed my license.

So, I had to go get another one! Drat. $15.25! And, I didn't know they would be taking a picture today and I looked like Methuselah's Crazy Mad Sister in Law! It rained! Not a stitch of make-up. My hair was frizzy. I'm just getting over a cold -- but nope, you had to have a new picture taken! And it's 4:27 PM and they close at 4:30. No time for primping.

Grrrrr.

So, I get this horrible thing done and then ask, "Okay, I need the date of when I first got my license"
and they say, "Sure" and so they click, click, click and say, "2003 -- October 19, 2003.

"What?"
That is not even remotely close!! Not even a tad, teeny bit in the right era!!

Okay, so, they say, "Well, this is what we have (insinuating, *I*, am wrong...) so, what you need to do is go to the Clerk of Courts office, They have 'everything' there. 'Everything' about your license."

So, I high tail it over to the clerk of courts office (alright, it's right next door, but still ....)--So, I go in and "blah, blah, blah" says I "story, story, detail, detail" all nice and everything,and the nice lady says, "Sure, I can find that information for you. Just give me $2.25 and I'll give you this report." (I'm thinking, how many nice plants I could buy with this money I've spent!!)

She prints out the report, hands it to me ...
AND
The report says ---
October 19, 2003!!!

What?
No.
That's not even remedially correct. As a matter of fact: That is catastrophically wrong! (My gosh, no wonder you people can't catch any criminals!!)

I don't know what happened on October 19, 2003, but I'm sure it didn't happen to me in the DMV!

Good Grief.

So, in conclusion, I can only conclude that, once again, there has been proven out the old adage, you can't tell which way the train is going by looking at the tracks. Especially if they run through the DMV!

No comments: