It's practically Christmas. And I am practically out of ideas for gifts and the ones I have purchased are pretty much very practical which makes them, in my opinion, a tiny bit boring. I don't want to have a boring Christmas (selfish silly me). I want a little pizzazz for everyone!
And I am not a materialist. I just like to have fun with watching people open their gifts and smiling. Okay. I get some self-satisfaction if I choose something that a person really, really likes. I'm human, so sue me.
I did come up with a gift for Madam Blueberry, which I had to laugh about since I hadn't intended on posting about it at all, but the Thread of the Shoes (- which I learned about here at Leslie's -), I found hysterical since it so related to the gift I got her, but I can't tell you, just in case she reads my blog ~ but I think it's the coolest idea I came up with. Maybe not *ever* ~ but in the cool catagory nonetheless especially from someone who didn't have an idea in the first place.
And I do know and relish the true meaning of Christmas. I do know that I have many, many, many blessings to count, and I am very happy with my life and my family, and we are planning a fun time together during the two weeks of holiday time, -- I think the true meaning of Christmas is Love Conquers All because Hope was delivered and Forgiveness pronounced as a top requirement for Complete Living. Can't get better than that, the way I sees it.
But, I want to find some pizzazzy gifts! I'll continue to keep my mind open. But I am running out of time, aren't I? And my mind is running out of space.
I looked to see if there was a Pizzazzy gifts.com and there was not. Mostly florists with 'pizzazzy' used as an adjective.
My oldest son has me hooked on perusing Overstock.com ~ they have a way to help you find everything for everybody and anybody which would be easy and lovely to do should one have no budget. That budget does get in the way.
It requires us to be sensible in our frugalnessitates of the frugalness. Very hard job, that. It's difficult to find those three gifts that give joy, represent and provide hope, either together or by themselves, and make people smile.
What I find I've done in the past, is buy people what I would like to have. It seems to work well ~ as far as I know. I've never keep track of how many people have regifted items I have given them.
There was a time in my life I would have felt an offense had someone regifted a gift I had given to them. But that time has passed by me now. I have regifted many things, and I totally understand ~ it's the thought that counts.
I do try to get things that the individual person would like. But let's face it, we all can't do that for everyone, now can we? But when in doubt ~ SOCKS are the perfect gift!
There are some pretty cool socks out there! As a matter of fact, there are so many socks, it makes it really hard to choose.
One can totally express themselves through their socks! Get out there, take your shoes off, and show your socks!! Support the troops socks, handbag socks, cat socks, cow socks, wine socks, martini socks, monkey socks, oh how I wish I'd found this site sooner socks.
I think socks are so cool, that whoever said they need to match, is wrong. As long as they feel comfortable to you, what does it matter? Wear one red and one green this Christmas. Buy two different pairs and switch them over. It'll be trendy!
So this week will find me at the mall, looking around for some really cool socks for everybody on my list!
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. ~Author Unknown
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change. ~Author Unknown
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment