I know this is a capitalistic society, and I know that's in some ways supposed to be free and good, but it seems to me, it's getting a little crazy ...
Having just moved down here, my sister in law, and ourselves, have a need for some furniture, and have decided to look around for awhile at the really, really expensive furniture stores. Just to familiarize ourselves with quality, etc.
Well, last weekend, my sister in law fell in love with this beautiful dining room table. Really, really gorgeous wood and just an elegant design but too pricey at the sale price of $2789.00.
here's the table -- you can click to enlarge.
So, Wednesday she got a call from the salelady who had helped her and the message was, 'call me, I've got some news on your table.' That's all she said. Sis didn't bother to return the call, but we went back in there today, as a friend was visiting and we wanted to look again ...
Seems the table is being taken off the market and they are selling --in this beautiful place called Arhaus -- this table for $750.00.
She got that table for
Seven hundred and fifty freakin' dollars. I do believe that is a lot less than two thousand seven hundred and eighty nine dollars!
They have 17 left.
Now. Don't that make ya' wanna just slap somebody? I mean, my sister in law was so drooling over that table, she was close to writing a check if the woman would have come down just say $200.00 the first week -- and now the price is like $2000.00 less??
I find that just incredibly weird!!
I know, I know, be grateful and happy that she's getting the table at a great price. We did jump up and down like idiots in the store ...but still ~ is that game playing or business or what? Are there any kind of rules about this stuff, or is it all just the luck of the draw -- like where you find yourself and when?
Oh yes, and I realize I'm getting a little hostile lately -- I think I might join the gym tomorrow to get out some of this aggression!!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment