Thursday, December 07, 2006

Parts of December till now

“Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together….”

Carl Zwanzig.


So many of the blogs offer up opinions of politics and such - I might start doing that -- it seems a tad boring to post about personal things only, but this is my blog and I do use it as a diary for my life ....so that will always be part of it

On the 5th I had to go to a place and choose some grout for some outdoor tile work that's to be done at my front door. It's seems, that when, the house was under construction, the plumber was working here and did not realize that the concrete crew had just poured concrete around the porch (which is two sides).

The plumber threw a big bucket of water out the front door and then proceeded to walk out. So it looks 'weird' with water lines through it and two huge footprints going out. That's at my front door. Very attractive, yes?

The plumber felt bad, even though I still maintain it's not entirely his fault -- someone should have alerted him to the fact that concrete was being poured -- but never thee mind -- he says it's his fault and is footing (haha, no pun intended) part of the bill for the new tile walkway.

anyway, while I was there at the tile place, I was with Jake and have now realized that these people at Floors Direct think I am crazy. Jake did this little thing where he gets right smack dab behind me, and I can't see him; you see, I turn and he turns. he thinks it's delightfully funny, in a three year old kind of a way.

So, I'm all like calling, "Jake! Jacob!" (and his brother's name is Zack - and sometimes (all of us) call things like 'Zake', instead of Jake --) And he's not answering, just turning when I turn - and smiling - and then one of the clerks comes from around the counter to say, "mam, the little boy is right there."

Did I feel like a crazy person? Yes.

Moving along. the next night was my sister in laws birthday. We went to a great restaurant on the water. Just so lovely, beautiful sky, just wonderful eating outside....

After two glasses of Merlot I realized I really didn't even need dinner, the great company, the view, the wine, and all was wonderful, such laughter a family can make. Maybe an appetizer or something, but really, I didn't need any food. I felt full with enjoyment. Well, on that, and the two big pieces of cake I ate - haha. Oh yeah, Madam B's sweet young boyfriend's little sister Jazzy turned one today - so more cake!!

Other big incidents in a Day-in-the-life-of-Jacob-and-me - I made a hopscotch and played terribly. You try it_ anyone_ 60 or up! Give it a shot. You others, better try it before it too late! I felt like I was carrying a 50 pound weight we won't say where!

I also tried a hoola hoop! How almost embarrassing! I need much more practice. I did well with making a chalkboard road though. I even had a train track and stop lights and everyone who came home and parked on it got scolded by Jacob! LOL. He was only made happy if they promised they would move their car before the sun came up.

Next week is my MRI - on my back. I joined the gym and because I had physical therapy here, they suggested I get the doctor to sign off on which exercises I might have to go easy at. And well, he says, 'exercise? you can't exercise. you have to have an MRI."

Well. like I didn't move to China, WHEN were you going to tell ME about this? (Oh, only if I joined a gym? What a way to work this. I'm not sure yet, who knows what they are doing regarding the doctors in this town. I've had three different diagnoses from three different doctors for whatever it was that put me in the emergency room twice, still have a numb leg, and no one knows what happened really.)

On the list - shopping for the two charities we choose.

Wonderful thing - Came home from work today and Madam Blueberry had the tree done and it looks so wonderful. It's a lovely tree all by itself. She choose it. I was impressed. It's impressive. And simply decorated, I like that. And there was Christmas music playing. It was great.

She is peachy.


”The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.”
~~
John Locke

No comments: