My bedroom is clean. Top to bottom, side to side, clean floor, clean sheets, clean furniture, etc, and all at the same time!!
I still need bedroom furniture, but I am not really concerned about that right now. That's a someday, and I'm sure it will help to have some nice furniture, but having it totally neat in there right now for the FIRST time since I moved in LAST August is just phenomenal!!
Let's see how long it lasts....
It was a major accomplishment for me. I focus on my needs last. Yes, well, isn't that just like most moms anyway...We become people we don't recognize because we don't put time into ourselves, and then society tells us things like 'we are out of touch', 'we are overweight', 'we need a makeover', we need an update in our wardrobe', but nobody makes banana bread like we do, and nobody makes chocolate chip cookies like we do, or whips up a spinach quiche that is our favorite, or makes spaghetti sauce that is to die for, or mends a torn lovely, or lends that perfect ear and makes that great cup of tea or coffee ....
no one.
Mom.
I'm glad I'm one. It makes me happy.
Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall
Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to heaven.
~William Shakespeare,
from All's Well That Ends Well
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment