Tuesday, December 01, 2009

These Days

"Well, I've been out walking, don't do that much talking, these days..."
Lines from a Jackson Browne song. And that's kind of like me lately.
I feel like I am running out of things to say. I'm not sure why. Sometimes, I think it's because I'm really realizing how little people listen to what you say, or hear what you say, or maybe think they hear what you say but don't know what you mean, or don't hear what you mean while they are not listening to what you say. (what??) or they really don't care what you say ... or I need to expand on the information I currently have - update as it were, reboot ...get a new battery as it were or is.


It's not words these days that I need to come through. It's some other form of art. Something that involves silence.

And I really need to get to it before I turn into a pillar of salt.

At random, I have decided to just list some things for no reason:

1. I ate a piece of apple pie. I thought I wanted it. I thought I wanted something sweet. I put Cool Whip on top. I hate Cool Whip. IMO, it is nothing but a plastic bowl of chemicals. I hate plastic. I distain chemicals. But, there you go, I did something I didn't want to do, and now I am not happy about it. And my stomach is not happy either. Conclusion: I didn't really want the pie. I wanted chocolate. And - the worst part is, I did something I didn't want to do in the first place.

2. I already forgot the second thing.

3. It dawned on me last night, that now is the time to encourage my granddaughter to express herself with words , even though at 11 months she has some, but not many words, and many that she has may not express how she is feeling at the time she loudly broadcasting, but since she is beginning to use -very loud sounds - to express herself, I should participate in helping her communicate instead of picking her up while she is in the middle of the loud self expression. (Oh, Grandma...)

4. I like to color and don't do it often enough. Some crayons that you buy now are too waxy or something, not nice and soft like crayons of olden year before the invention of Made in China.
5. I want to paint.


A Poem by Me ~~Miss Roxie
Nonsense and ramblings

the trash is piled high

of crumpled ideas, stories and lies,
tales and truths,
and of thought on others,

Obama included
if only Afghanistan, he could have eluded

of choices of colors
and marks on a page
of random notes that me, myself, made
of things needed to be remembered

like a list of groceries
that probably did not include
all that I needed
nor all I could use

I have writer's block

boulders, rocks, flowers and trees,
my passage is on pause

my journeys been slowed

by things in my head

that don't need to be there
but that's totally not true
because we all know,
it's all suppose to be there ...

It's time to grow ....

No comments: