Monday, December 07, 2009

Lists again. Spelling Optional.

1. I was listening to Christmas songs on the radio today. The station played all different ones from all kinds of standards to rock groups who had made a contribution for a Christmas song. Some people get really annoyed by Christmas songs.

I mostly just get annoyed with people getting annoyed with things. So here is a message for you all:

~~You know. People are going to do stuff you don't really like. So what? You're most likely not going to die from most of the things that annoy you. So time to just Get over it.~~

2. Last week at school, police officers blocked the pick up car line while they approached one of the parents, had her get out of her car, then handcuffed her - all this in front of her wide eyed little girl -- then after what seemed like forever, they uncuffed her, and told her they had the wrong person. And they left.

No apology. No Have a Nice Day.

3. Tiger Woods. Whatever reputation you had before -- ummm, I'm not sure it will be all about your ability to handle a 2 iron that will be remembered most in the days to come.

4. Christmas Day is tomorrow! Not really, but it might as well be. Time will be flying fast now, you watch. Get your stuff done!

5. Pray for your children. They need it. You need it. It will be the tie that binds.

2 comments:

LNL said...

You are so right. About everything. You always are. ;)

This woman who was handcuffed - did you actually witness this?

Just Here For Now said...

I was three cars in front of her. I saw the officer standing at her car door and asking her to get out of the car. I could tell she was confused.

The police bodly came up into the area of the car line, blocked one lane, and then one officer stood with his hand on his gun ~ they waved us out before I saw them cuff her, but I know they did because my sister in law (whom you know) works in the office where they brought her and her child.

It certainly seemed to be more show than it needed to be.

The oddest thing was them cuffing her before they were certain she was the correct person.