Food.Inc.
Wow. This film made an impression on me. I've eaten only refried beans and vegetables since. It's not a new film, 2008, but I just got around to watching it. I would recommend this as a must see for everyone. Actually, I would challenge everyone to watch it.
I had heard a few people say that once you watch this film it will be hard to eat for a week. And, depending on what you eat, it just may very well be so (and perhaps longer than a week)!
Does it matter to you that your food is being genetically altered? If that fact is, indeed, true, don't think it won't affect you because it will. Everything in this universe is connected. The evil and the good all cycle around, well, maybe it's like a spiral, but it is all connected. And when you eat food that been fooled around with, your system is about to be fooled around with, too. You can believe me, or you can just take your chances. Either way, it is what it is.
I don't want to eat meat from animals that have not been able to breathe the fresh air and been treated kindly or forced to eat stuff they don't naturally eat. My gosh, salmon are even being force feed food they don't normally eat!
You may not think that has anything to do with you, and maybe it won't. Maybe you are older, like me, but it sure will have something to do with your children, (or grandchildren, as they are still developing.) I say To You People, give this film a viewing and at least give the kids a chance. Educate yourself. If the people who made this film are all crazy, then walk away mumbling how those of us who are still shaking our heads at what is happening with our food are all crazy, too. I would seriously recommend you take that chance.
My head is spinning here after just viewing this...but maybe you should view it, just to be sure this blogger is not stark raving mad...
Think:
1. If you begin to eat genetically altered food, what do you think your body is going to do with that foreign stuff entering your body? It has to deal with it. And your body will become genetically altered, or mutated, as it were, or something other than the normal we know. It may even evolve into another species. Maybe you think that means nothing to you, as I am not a scientist, so how could I possibly know what I'm taking about.
Then, I ask you, does the word natural mean anything to you? If it does not, then fire up the grill and cook up some burgers and steaks and go to sleep tonight without thinking that the meat you are eating, unless you know specifically where it has come from, has, most likely, not lived a lovely life, and is quiet possibly shot up with some kind of something-weird that doesn't belong in your system, and, also it has been washed in ammonia to kill some bacteria that will kill you, and who knows what else.
If it does mean something to you, then you need to get on the train that will try to stop this madness. It may not be too late.
2. Does anyone out there have a concern about the government having to much control? What would you think, if you knew that maybe three or four Corporations had control over what you eat and what you eat is fed, and doesn't want anyone to know about it? And They and the Government are best friends?
3. Do you know what Veggie Libel means?
"The realistic objective of the frivolous 'veggie-libel' statutes and lawsuits is not money," says consumer advocate Ralph Nader. "It is to send a chilling message to millions of people that they better keep their opinions to themselves."
Not a fan of Ralph Nader? Is he to liberal for you? Better Goggle the topic for your own research and information.
There is no side to be picked here, except for the side of health. But the corporations are not picking that side. They are picking the side of ....well, watch the movie and draw your own conclusion.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment