Friday, July 03, 2009

From Thought for Today

Cleanliness~~~

The most important places to keep clean and tidy are my mind and heart. If I allow thoughts to flourish that I wouldn't want to see the light of day, I can never have any real self-respect. By starting each day in quiet reflection and pouring positive, loving thoughts into my mind, I gradually clean out cynicism and unkindness~
....from Thought for Today.

I know I like spending some quiet time alone in the mornings. I really do. It helps me stay calm throughout the day. I think about all those I love, and how fortunate I am to have all these people in my life.

And I have been making a genuine effort to avoid, totally and truly, avoid negative thinking and negative thoughts. They do you no good. None, Zip, Zero ~ Nada. Pass on them.

When I first wake up in the morning, I thank God. I lay in my bed and quietly smiling, I thank God for everything in my life. Maybe specific things each day, maybe not ~ I just thank God.

I like to have a good strong cup of coffee, look at the outside and what the sky has to offer....If it's early, I catch that brilliance that only the sun can do while it's rising. Oh my gosh, that is so cleansing. If I can get myself to the beach, I would probably walk on air all day. But, if I get to the beach, it's usually in the evenings ....but back to mornings ...

While the coffee is perking, I feed the cats, otherwise, they will yap and yell and make all kinds of sounds that are either telling you off or saying good morning feed us now, but so loudly it will wake everyone, so I just feed them.

This morning I took their food outside, first thing, because when they come in, they are all yapping so loudly and running all over each other, they would wake the household, and I got up so early, that just didn't seem fair to everyone else.

I check my plants on my porch. I am working on bringing the jungle onto my porch. One is never done with this project. But, I love it. I will die doing this. I love looking at plants and smelling flowers and herbs. I do believe that looking at flowers and the colors of the earth are a natural way to cleanse ones soul and spirit. ~

I have a theory about aging. One must, MUST, have things in their life that they love to do. And there are so many things to choose from that are healthy and rewarding in some way or another! One should always have a project going. It's a fulfiling thing in your life. If one is not sure what to do, do something for someone else, that's a great way to start.

Oh, here's my latest project ... I am going to make a 'movie' for my granddaughter and feature family members reading books to her. I have chosen the first two books. I will read one of them with my nephew Jacob, he's five, as there are words in the book (colors and numbers) that he can read, so he will read those words, and I'll read the rest. The book is One by Kathryn Otoshi.

I love my days. I love my peoples! I am happy.

No comments: